With our helpful guidance, your loved one will get the support they need from the right kind of memory care provider. Now let's dive into the details of our expert advice!
How To Find Top Memory Care In Troy, IL
When your loved one needs dementia care services, it's incredibly important to do your research. It's up to you to put in the effort, energy, and hours to ensure your loved one receives top memory care services.
Understand Your Loved One's Needs
Before you start your search, it's important to first have a detailed understanding of your loved one's care needs. Every case of dementia is different, and the long-term care industry has evolved to include many different kinds of care services. From hospice and in-home care options to standard assisted living facilities and memory care communities, there are plenty of options for your loved one.
To figure out the care needs of your loved one, ask yourself questions like:
- Does your loved one need assistance with activities of daily living (e.g., eating, bathing, mobility, etc.)?
- Does your loved one need constant supervision?
- Do they require ongoing medical attention for any specific health conditions?
- Do they have early, mid-stage, or late-stage Alzheimer's disease?
With a better understanding of your loved one's needs, you can start to look for memory support options near you.
Learn As Much As You Can About Memory Care
A simple Google search will show you that there are plenty of memory care communities to choose from. Each facility is different from the last and they all have their own pros and cons. For that reason, you should take the initiative to learn all that you can about memory care.
While this learning phase may sound gratuitous, we assure you it is very important. When you have a clearer picture of all the facets of memory care, you'll have an easier time finding the right facility for your loved one. Be sure to use resources like Dementia Care Central and AssistedLiving.org to gather the information you need.
Conduct Online Research
Now it's time to start looking into some memory care residences near you! You may want to start off your search by using online directories, like SeniorLivingNearMe.org, to develop your initial shortlist of options. These expansive databases will be packed with plenty of information about each memory care community near you. Of course, you can also use standard search engines to kick off your local search.
We recommend that you carefully review all of the amenities, features, services, floor plans, and more on each company's website. Look for common signs of quality memory care services, such as:
- Multiple engaging activities and therapies to benefit residents with dementia (e.g., group games, aromatherapy, etc.)
- Design elements that help reduce resident stress and confusion (e.g., circular layouts, natural lighting, etc.)
- Precautionary measures to keep residents safe and sound (e.g., 24/7 staff supervision, monitored exits, etc.)
- Personalized private suites for all residents, with a bedroom and bathroom outfitted with handicap accessible features
- And basic care services (e.g., meal prep, housekeeping, medication administration, etc.)
Try to reduce your list of options down to just your top 3-5 picks. If a given memory care facility checks all of your boxes, then rank them higher on your shortlist.
Tour Facilities And Interview Relatives Of Residents
Sooner or later, you'll hit a wall with your research. When you've gathered as much information as possible through online research, you'll need to start visiting these facilities in person. To ensure these communities align with your standards, be sure to ask key questions during your tours, like:
- What kind of training do your caregivers have?
- How does your staff handle difficult behaviors?
- Do you take residents on field trips on a regular basis?
- What are your plans for emergencies, such as a tornado or fire?
- Does this facility care for residents for the remainder of their lives?
- What is the average cost of living at this residence?
Of course, don't forget to inquire about other important things, like wellness programs, individualized care, and how they work to improve the quality of life for residents.
At the end of each tour, remember to ask for a list of references from your guide. These will often be relatives of current and past residents. Be sure to contact at least a few of the individuals on that list. Those conversations will help illuminate the true resident experience and what you can expect from each community.
Leverage The Top Memory Care In Troy For Your Loved One
You only want the best care services for your loved one as they age. We understand that at The Creeks, which is why it's exactly what we aim to provide.
We merge quality memory care services with a cozy home-like environment to help effectively support our residents with dementia. With a wide range of supportive amenities and innovative features, we work hard to deliver the top memory care in Troy, IL. Our specialized caregivers will go the extra mile to ensure your loved one is comfortable, connected, and happy within our close-knit community.
Contact us today to schedule your tour of The Aspen Creek of Troy.