Aspen Creek of Sullivan was the first memory care residence we established. The mission of our organization was to create a place that was specialized for Alzheimer’s and dementia care. We had to create this special place in two very different ways: building design and our person-centered model for care.
More Than Just a Pretty Space
At Aspen Creek Sullivan, our building design considers many different aspects that individuals with dementia face every day. While it’s easy to spot the family-style kitchen, seasonal decorations, and other touches that make our house a home, there are a lot of important touches that you might not notice on your first glance.
We’ve taken everything we know about caring for residents with dementia and wrapped it in all the comforts of home.
Specialized features include:
- Monitored Exits: All of our exit doors are equipped with special locking devices that help us keep the residents safe.
- Wireless Call System: We do not have any loud buzzers or lights going off in the hallway. Each resident has a wearable that will alert us when help is needed. This system also monitors multiple vital systems and can help us locate each resident in real-time anywhere in the house.
- Textures and Colors: Throughout the house, color, texture, and flooring choices have been tailored for residents with dementia, who process visual/spatial information in a different way.
- Circular Floor Plan: We designed our house to have a circular path for those who require the ability to wander safely.
- Open Family Rooms: We have two large, opening living spaces furnished with comfortable furniture, large TVs, and areas for dining and activities.
- Family-Style Kitchen: Our chefs make delicious meals from scratch in our beautiful kitchen, which serves as the heart of our home. The delightful aromas from the kitchen help us keep a healthy appetite.
- Beauty/Barbershop: Residents enjoy the convenience of a visiting stylist to care for all their haircut needs.
- Front Porch: The residents are able to enjoy a beautiful day outside and get a little Vitamin D therapy while sipping their lemonade.
- Secure Backyard: In addition to the front porch, residents can safely enjoy time outside in our secured back patio area.
When you tour Aspen Creek of Sullivan, you’ll find residents socializing, laughing, and enjoying the company of others. All these spaces are at the heart of our approach. Few other options for assisted living memory care in the Decatur, IL area can provide that kind of peace of mine.
A Place to Call Home
Comfort, safety, and resident happiness are just a few of our top priorities. We support those goals with the personal accommodations of our memory care residence. Every resident at our Sullivan location receives their own private suite. Each private bedroom is accompanied by a full private bathroom with handicap-accessible features and fixtures. Our staff members handle the housework for our residents with daily laundry and housekeeping services.
At Aspen Creek, we encourage our residents to make their suites their own with personal decorations, family mementos, and other keepsakes. Staff will handle the heavy lifting of any decorating activities so your loved one never has to overextend themselves. Aspen Creek of Sullivan also has a handful of double rooms for couples who would like to stay at our memory care home together.
We pride ourselves on our ability to merge a home-like aesthetic with top-tier dementia care services. No other providers of assisted living near Decatur, IL can match our level of compassionate care and personalized attention.
See It For Yourself
Check out our special space for yourself! Schedule a tour of our memory care facilities near Chicago to view our bedrooms and shared spaces first-hand.