When you picture a facility for dementia care services, Aspen Creek of Troy, IL is not what you’d expect. Our memory care residence has revolutionized the concept of memory care near St. Louis.
At Aspen Creek, we have created a home-like environment to support our philosophy of person-centered care for our residents with dementia. From the decor and wall colors to the personal resident accommodations, every aspect of our residence is specifically designed to make your loved one feel at home.
After we take you on a tour, you’ll see exactly how we’ve taken assisted living memory care near St. Louis, MO to a whole new level.
When you tour Aspen Creek of Troy, you’ll find residents socializing, laughing, and enjoying the company of others. All these spaces are at the heart of our approach. Few other options for assisted living dementia care in the St. Louis, MO area can provide that kind of peace of mind.
More Than Just a Pretty Space
The minute you step onto our property, you’ll see for yourself how different our residence feels. It doesn’t look or feel like an institution or facility; it feels like a home. We specifically designed our memory care residence to create a cozy, safe, and familiar environment for our residents with dementia.
The colors, textures, and floors of Aspen Creek in Troy are specifically designed to help our residents with some of the daily struggles dementia causes in how they see things. We did this in a way that is still beautiful and comforting, which helps us create that home-like feel.
We designed our facility with a circular floor plan to ensure our residents can wander safely and never get lost. Our memory care residence is outfitted with numerous features and amenities so our residents can do the things they want, when they want to do them.
Specialized features include:
- Monitored Exits: All of our exit doors are equipped with special locking devices that help us keep the residents safe.
- Wireless Call System: We do not have any loud buzzers or lights going off in the hallway. Each resident has a wearable that will alert us when help is needed. This system also monitors multiple vital systems and can help us locate each resident in real-time anywhere in the house.
- Textures and Colors: Throughout the house, color, texture, and flooring choices have been tailored for residents with dementia, who process visual/spatial information in a different way.
- Circular Floor Plan: We designed our house to have a circular path for those who require the ability to wander safely.
- Open Family Rooms: We have two large, opening living spaces furnished with comfortable furniture, large TVs, and areas for dining and activities.
- Family-Style Kitchen: Our chefs make delicious meals from scratch in our beautiful kitchen, which serves as the heart of our home. The delightful aromas from the kitchen help us keep a healthy appetite.
- Beauty/Barbershop: Residents enjoy the convenience of a visiting stylist to care for all their haircut needs.
- Front Porch: The residents are able to enjoy a beautiful day outside and get a little Vitamin D therapy while sipping their lemonade.
- Secure Backyard: In addition to the front porch, residents can safely enjoy time outside in our secured back patio area.
A Place to Call Home
One of the main draws of our quaint community is the amount of privacy our residents have. Each resident receives their own private suite, complete with a spacious bedroom and a full bathroom. Our bedrooms come with plenty of closet space for personal possessions and large windows for natural light. Each private bathroom is equipped with handicap-accessible features and fixtures. We also have double rooms available for more specific accommodations.
Since it is their private space, we encourage all of our residents to decorate and personalize their suite to their heart’s content. Your loved one won’t have to lift a finger in their own room. Our staff will happily adjust decorations for residents when they want to make changes. We even provide daily housekeeping and laundry services to keep the rooms tidy and the bed linens fresh.
We’re here to provide much more than just a simple service for assisted living Alzheimer’s or dementia care near St. Louis, MO. Our staff members strive to provide comfort, security, and personalized care for your loved one in a home-like setting. Aspen Creek of Troy is the ideal living situation for anyone who is suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia.
See It For Yourself
Schedule a tour at Aspen Creek of Troy, IL today to see why we’re a top option for memory care near St. Louis.