Cottonwood Creek is our first residence outside of Illinois and it’s the third house to join our lineup of residences specialized in dementia care. We’ve brought our innovative and person-centered approach to memory care support to the great state of Wyoming.
Similar to our other locations, Cottonwood Creek has been specifically designed to be a home in every sense of the word. From the decor to the community amenities, every little detail works cohesively to make our residents feel like they’re home. We’ve combined those amenities with personalized care services to take Alzheimer’s care in Cheyenne, Wyoming to the next level.
More Than Just a Pretty Space
We’re still applying the finishing touches to the extended ranch-style home design of Cottonwood Creek. As we approach completion of construction, Cottonwood Creek is shaping up to be an incredible memory support residence that will feel just like home.
Our designers worked diligently to ensure no details were overlooked or underdeveloped. We’ve put the work in to develop a supportive environment for our residents that is designed specifically for the challenges dementia poses in daily living.
Special design considerations include:
- Monitored Exits: All of our exit doors are equipped with special locking devices that help us keep the residents safe.
- Wireless Call System: We do not have any loud buzzers or lights going off in the hallway. Each resident has a wearable that will alert us when help is needed. This system also monitors multiple vital systems and can help us locate each resident in real-time anywhere in the house.
- Textures and Colors: Throughout the house, color, texture, and flooring choices have been tailored for residents with dementia, who process visual/spatial information in a different way.
- Circular Floor Plan: We designed our house to have a circular path for those who require the ability to wander safely.
- Open Family Rooms: We have two large, opening living spaces furnished with comfortable furniture, large TVs, and areas for dining and activities.
- Family-Style Kitchen: Our chefs make delicious meals from scratch in our beautiful kitchen, which serves as the heart of our home. The delightful aromas from the kitchen help us keep a healthy appetite.
- Beauty/Barbershop: Residents enjoy the convenience of a visiting stylist to care for all their haircut needs.
- Front Porch: The residents are able to enjoy a beautiful day outside and get a little Vitamin D therapy while sipping their lemonade.
- Secure Backyard: In addition to the front porch, residents can safely enjoy time outside in our secured back patio area.
When you tour Cottonwood Creek, you’ll see the residents doing the things they’ve always loved to do. It may be baking cookies with our chef, watching a game on TV, or enjoying a good game of cards. We’ve seen how our residents respond to our person-centered home-model approach to memory care. Sometimes, it’s the little details that make all the difference. We feel it’s those things that make the difference in our approach to Alzheimer’s care in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
A Place to Call Home
One of the main draws of our quaint community is the amount of privacy our residents have. Each resident receives their own private suite, complete with a spacious bedroom and a full bathroom. Our bedrooms come with plenty of closet space for personal possessions and large windows for natural light. Each private bathroom is equipped with handicap-accessible features and fixtures. We also have double rooms available for more specific accommodations.
Since it is their private space, we encourage all of our residents to decorate and personalize their suite to their heart’s content. Your loved one won’t have to lift a finger in their own room. Our staff will happily adjust decorations for residents when they want to make changes. We even provide daily housekeeping and laundry services to keep the rooms tidy and the bed linens fresh.
We’re here to provide much more than just a simple service for assisted living dementia care in Cheyenne, WY. Our staff members strive to provide comfort, safety, and personalized care for your loved one in a home-like setting. Cottonwood Creek of Cheyenne is the ideal living situation for anyone who is suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia.
See It For Yourself
Schedule a tour at Cottonwood Creek of Cheyenne, WY today to see why we’re the top option for memory care for those living with Alzheimer’s or dementia.