Keep reading to learn how we provide top-tier memory care services to all of our residents.
Key Features of Top Memory Care Communities in Sullivan, IL
The Aspen Creek of Sullivan, IL is a full-service memory care residence for seniors with dementia. Our small facility caters to personalized treatment for our entire community. We prioritize the health, safety, and care of everyone staying with us. Here are just a few of the ways our facility stands out from the crowd.
Specialized Care For Dementia Behaviors
Dementia can impact everyone differently. Some of the most common dementia behaviors include:
- Repetitive speech or actions
Under specialized care, memory care facilities can help manage these dementia symptoms and behaviors. Senior caregivers can attune each day to the preferences and needs of the resident. Memory loss can be a frightening experience for any resident, especially in a new environment.
As such, we consider it of the utmost importance to transition all our residents into our community by integrating a schedule that is already familiar to them. For example, if your loved one tends to eat dinner at 7 pm and watch TV afterward, we will make sure that is aligned at the Aspen Creek of Sullivan.
Customized Design Elements
For the safety and ease of our residents, we have designed our suites to align with the needs of dementia patients. The physical envrionment for dementia patients is essential to their wellbeing, as certain layouts can cause agitation, distress, and discomfort.
At first glance, you may notice the family-style kitchen, seasonal decorations, and other homey touches that make our community home. But we have included several important design features for the comfort of our residents. These include:
- Monitored Exits: All of our exit doors are equipped with special locking devices that help us keep the residents safe.
- Wireless Call System: We do not have any loud buzzers or lights going off in the hallway. Each resident has a wearable device that will alert us when help is needed. This system also monitors multiple vital health systems and can help us locate each resident in real-time anywhere in the facility.
- Textures and Colors: Throughout the facility, color, texture, and flooring choices have been tailored for residents with dementia. This greatly benefits their symptoms as they process visual/spatial information in a different way.
- Circular Floor Plan: We designed our memory care community to have a circular path to allow residents to wander safely.
- Secure Backyard: In addition to the front porch, residents can safely enjoy time outside in our secured back patio area.
Small design choices like these can make residents feel more safe, comfortable, and above all, happy.
See Our Top Memory Care Facility in Sullivan, IL First-Hand
When a loved one is suffering from dementia, you want to provide them with the most exceptional care. That is exactly what you get at The Creeks.
Our certified nurses understand the best practices for managing a wide array of dementia behaviors. Additionally, our residences feature a number of innovative amenities to keep our residents safe and happy. Between their private suite and our friendly caregivers, we know your loved one will feel right at home.
Contact The Creeks today to schedule your tour of the top memory care facilities in Illinois.