As we specialize in memory care services, we know exactly what you should look for in a dementia care home. Stick with our handy list of criteria and you’ll find the ideal care home for your loved one in no time.
Personalized Memory Care
Dementia is unlike any other condition, disease, or malady. This mental affliction progresses slowly, and impacts memory and cognitive functions in a variety of ways. Since each case of dementia is different, a one-size-fits-all approach to treatment won’t work. Your loved one deserves personalized attention that effectively addresses their individual dementia care needs. That kind of treatment approach is exactly what you should look for in memory care homes.
Personalization should be the priority of your loved one’s professional caregivers at every turn. That kind of individualized care may include:
- Private suites with full handicap-accessible bathrooms that can be decorated and personalized to each resident’s preferred aesthetics.
- On-site health and wellness assessments, alongside medication management and administration.
- Therapeutic assistant services for all kinds of daily living activities.
- Individualized care for medical conditions, such as diabetic care and catheter care.
- One-on-one sessions with certified care partners to evaluate their progress.
The ultimate goal of top memory care homes should be to make residents feel happy and well-cared for. The personalization of their dementia care is critical to accomplishing that kind of feeling.
A Close Location
Your loved one may become part of a new community at their care home, but it can’t replace your family. We’re always so thrilled to have family members visit the residents of our memory care homes. Those family visits are key sources of support and comfort for people with dementia, and they never fail to bring a smile to resident faces. For that reason, your loved one’s memory care community should be situated within driving distance of your home.
As you start to research various care homes for dementia, remember to focus on residences near you. Of course, your go-to care home does not need to be right down the street. We’d recommend that you set an approximate geographic range of 50 miles or so. At that distance, you’ll still be able to visit and reconnect with your loved one on any given afternoon.
Quality Amenities And Features
When you’re considering a memory care home, one of your top priorities should be the quality of care. After all, you want to make sure your loved one is comfortable and in good hands within this community. So, what kinds of features should you look for at each home? We’d recommend you keep an eye out for things like:
- Accessible outdoor areas - Experts agree that time outside can help alleviate symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Check to see how residents can enjoy the outdoors safely in various communities.
- Organized activities - Group games and social events can have a significant positive influence on people with dementia. Make sure those kinds of daily activities exist at the care homes you’re considering.
- Reliable transportation - Will the memory care facility provide adequate transportation to medical appointments? What about for shopping or running errands?
- 24/7 staff support - Health professionals and certified caregivers should be available and on-call at all hours of the day. That kind of reliable support should be a top priority for you.
The top memory care facilities will leverage these kinds of features and more to benefit their residents. Make sure you thoroughly review and consider those important amenities before making a final decision.
Visit The Top Care Homes For Dementia Near You
If you’re looking for the right memory care community for your loved one, you’re in the right place. At The Creeks, we offer personalized dementia care treatments at each of our memory care homes. All of our locations have top-of-the-line amenities and features to effectively support our residents. And our Illinois and Wyoming dementia care homes are perfectly situated to be within driving distance of your family.
Contact our care homes for dementia today to schedule your tour of our outstanding residences.